Tools for our new way of life together
While we are unable to meet together physically we will continue to connect, deepen our spiritual practices, provide pastoral care, and share our resources with each other and our neighbors as we live faithfully in the time of Coronavirus / COVID-19.
All who feel a connection to Christ Church (wherever you might be) are invited to join the closed facebook group CCPVW's Coronavirus Care Page. The purpose of the group is to connect and share with each other during this time of isolation, quarantine, and building closure. Check it out!
For scripture, bible study and daily worship:
Faith related things worth reading or watching:
For Our Kids
Some suggestions from Lauren:
- Musical Reflections links for Palm Sunday:
- Chant: This beautiful chant implores the people of God to rejoice, come together, and be consoled. Laetare Ierusalem, trad. chant.
- Renaissance: Setting of Psalm 130 ("Out of the depths I have called to you, O Lord"). It offers a joyful assurance that our Lord will hear us. De profundis clamavi by Orlando Lasso. https://youtu.be/bHVnrvEalJw
- The Anglican Classic: The music of John Rutter is truly a treasure. "For the Beauty of the Earth" by John Rutter.
- Requiem for the Living by Dan Forrest
- 21st century music (it's a bit weird): A 12 minute journey from the anxieties of a "dark night of the soul" to a transcendent peace brought about by the "sheer grace" of God. "Dark Night of the Soul" by Ola Gjeilo